Processing of Personal Data
Although all the features of our product and the implemented services are provided under the terms of our End User License Agreement ("EULA"), some of them may require your attention due to the information they collect. Hence, we would like to provide you with more details related to the data we collect for the proper working of our Application.
We offer various features and services as described in the product documentation and EULA. To make them all work smoothly, we need access to different permissions and information as described below.
1. What Permissions We Need?
Permissions on Parent’s Device:
- Storage (Internal and External): The Storage permission is required only to read and set the profile picture of the parent.
- Camera: The Camera permission is required only to capture a photo and set the profile picture of the parent.
- Do Not Disturb (Only for Android) (Optional Permission): This permission is required for the Panic feature of the App. Through this feature, when the child is in danger, he/she can press the Panic button to alert the parent. If you enable this permission, you can receive sound alerts along with notifications from the child’s device. This permission is highly recommended to get sound alerts when your child requires your attention.
Permissions on Child’s Device:
- GPS: This permission is required so that the parent can get the location of the child and it is done by parent’s consent only.
- Storage (Internal and External): This permission is required only to read and set the profile picture of the child.
- Camera: This permission is required only to capture and set the profile picture of the child.
Advanced Permission Required on Child’s Device:
- Device Administrator: This permission is required to prevent the child from accidentally uninstalling the application. It is also required to enable the Anti-theft feature of the app. If in case, the child's phone gets stolen, the parent can perform a factory reset from his device and erase all the data on the child's device.
- Accessibility: By allowing this permission, parents can prevent their children from uninstalling this application. A parent’s credential is required to be entered on the child's device, in case the child tries to uninstall the application (deliberately or accidentally). Apart from uninstallation, accessibility permission handles the smooth running for several key features of the app. The app can easily support application blocking, setting time schedule and blocking app installation by allowing accessibility permissions. Though with this permission the app gets other privileges also such as- to read the text or any other screens, but “Safe Children” uses this permission ONLY to detect the settings screen and Device Administrator Permission screen of this app (Settings->Device Admin->Safe Children - Parental Control), if the child is trying to uninstall the App.
- Permit drawing over other apps: This permission is needed to allow the app to display screens over other apps. The permission ensures that your child doesn’t uninstall the app or bypass any restrictions.
- Do Not Disturb: By allowing the permission, we ensure that the child's device starts ringing even if the “Do Not Disturb” Mode” is switched on. Enabling the permission confirms the smooth functioning of the Ring alert feature under Anti-Theft.
- Auto Start: The Auto Start permission is required for a few devices to ensure the smooth running of “Safe Children” App. All the defined parental controls on your child's device will keep working as before, if the Auto Start permission is on.
2. What Information We Collect?
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is the information that can be linked to a person or persistently linked to a mobile device. We only collect the following types of PII when you install the application:
- Email Address: We collect the parent’s email address when they create an account on the app and web-portal through their email address. This email is used by the parent to log into the app and web-portal in Parent Mode and to log into the app in Child Mode (on the child’s device). The email is not shared with any third-party.
- Parent’s Personal Data: The parent’s name, email and password is required at the time of registration. The mobile number is collected so that the child may contact the parent in case of emergencies. The profile picture is an optional information, in order to provide a better look to the app.
- Child’s Personal Data: When adding and managing the children, the parent has to provide this information. The name and Date of Birth is required to identify the child from the children’ list. The mobile number of the child is an optional information that the parent can provide. The profile picture is also an optional information, in order to quickly differentiate the children.
- IMEI Number or Device Serial Number: In order to uniquely identify the child’s device, we collect the IMEI number of the device, and if the SIM slot is not available, the device Serial Number is collected. The information is not associated with any personal information of the user such as email address or any other PII. This Application may track Users by storing a unique identifier on their device, for analytics purposes or for storing Users' preferences.
- IP Address & Country Code: This information is needed just to monitor and analyze app traffic.
We may also receive users’ email address when a user contacts us through the “Contact Us” form of our website and “Feedback” form of the application so that we can quickly respond to the question or feedback. We collect the email address for the sole purpose of responding directly on a one-time basis to a specific user request. If the user does not wish to authorize the collection of the information mentioned above, then the user should not download and install “Safe Children”. Similarly, if a user wants to prevent the collection of data, then they may simply uninstall the app.
Non Personally Identifiable Information (Non-PII)
Non Personally Identifiable Information (Non-PII) includes information such as the type of operating system and application build that you use. Non-PII is used to help troubleshoot any user issues.
“Safe Children” collects the following non-PII:
- Device Manufacturer, model and build information.
- “Safe Children” also uses a third-party, Google/Firebase Analytics library, to anonymously collect the data regarding various actions a user takes within our app and app related Push Notifications. This helps us to improve our app and to figure out what features are being used. It is not used for third-party marketing purposes.
We collect the following information on the Child’s Device(through which the parent can track child and control his/her ongoing digital activities)
Device GPS location: In order to monitor and check the child’s location, the child’s device location information is collected on our servers. With this information, the parent can track the child. The child’s device location information is collected on our servers under the following cases :-
- When the child’s device is assigned
- When the parent requests the child's location by tapping on the location refresh button on the dashboard.
- When the child taps on SOS button (if Panic feature is enabled by the parent)
- When the child taps on Pick Me button
- When the parent requests the child’s location using the Anti-Theft feature
- Installed Apps: To allow the parent to block specific apps on the child’s device, this information is sent on our servers. The installed apps information on the child’s device is collected on our servers when the child’s device is assigned, just to make this information available to the parent. Also, whenever any app is installed or uninstalled, the data is synced and sent to our servers.
The parent uses the email address to register and sign up on the app. The parent ONLY can login and make changes on the child’s device. The parent is required to understand the permissions and allow all such permission on the child’s device with their consent. Every change that is made on the child’s device is supposed to be performed by the parent only. The parent can make a check on the child’s phone by managing the apps being installed and used, along with the child’s device location. The child can just make a request and send notifications to the parent. For example, the child can ask the parent to unblock apps or the child can also send other notifications such as PANIC, PickMe, Requests, etc.
Information Collected through Web Portal
While creating an account or logging into “Safe Children” web portal, we collect the following information from you: your name, email id, mobile number, password created by you to log into your account.
Information Collected through Third-Parties
Our application or website may include links to websites or content from other third-party businesses. However, we are not liable and cannot be held responsible for the policies they practice. We do not have any control or access to technologies they may use. We, therefore, encourage you to read their individual privacy policies before clicking on their links (advertisements) while you are active on our application.
Information that we Collect through Third-Party Analytics
We constantly employ third-party analytics for tracking the frequency of installs of our app. These services collect data based on content like which sites do you visit often and what other websites do you browse before and after visiting our app and website. Such data help us understand our user base better. All data collected through this category will be stored by the third-party analytics service in question.
Information that is Shared on Various Social Media Platforms
Our application or website may include links to various social media platforms where you can post reviews and feedback. Your use of these social media platforms through our application may result in collection or sharing of your information by them. We, therefore, encourage you to read the individual privacy policies of these third-party social media platforms and understand what information may be collected, used, and shared before using their platform while you are active on our app or website.
3. How We Use, Store and Share the Information We Collect?
The child’s data is sent on our servers only after the consent of the parent. This data is stored on our servers in encrypted form. We use end-to-end encryption to keep kid’s collected data private and secure. Encrypted data include children location and contacts (contact name and contact number). We do not have any access to this data. Only the parent can access the data and no one in between. The data is encrypted with a Data Protection Password (DPP), which is not stored on our servers. If the parent resets their DPP, all the previously stored children’ data on our servers will be lost.
Regardless of the type of data that is collected, “Safe Children” will never share your data with any third-parties. No personal information will be shared with them.
The application is designed to provide preventative/parental controls service to parents. Users declare themselves to be adults according to their applicable legislation. The application is designed to be used by minors, only with the assistance of a parent or guardian and with their permission. Under no circumstance, minors may use this Application on their own.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze app traffic and can be used to track app User behavior.
Google Analytics/Firebase (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
4. Information Disclosure
We may disclose information where we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also disclose PII in response to a law enforcement agency or other public agency’s request or if we feel that such disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety, protect the safety of a child, protect the security or integrity of our website and application, or enable us to take precautions against liability.
If we sell all or part of our business, sell or transfer our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer PII and non-PII to a third party as part of that transaction, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Finally, we may transfer PII and non-PII and store it outside of the jurisdiction in which the user of our app is located.
5. Internet Connection Requirement
Active internet connections are required to avoid unpleasant interruptions on the devices of the parent as well as the child.
On parent’s device
- To sync all settings done by the parent on the child’s device.
- To receive alerts, notifications, requests and view child’s reports remotely from the parent device.
On child’s device
- To store all child’s data on our servers and sync them with the parent device.
- To send panic alerts, apps unblock requests or reschedule time limit requests set by the parent.
If internet connectivity is lost or turned off, all settings applied during this time will not be applicable on the child’s phone. The parent will not receive alerts, notifications and requests sent by the child.
Also, if the child has installed new apps during this period, such data will not be synced with the parent device and no report will be generated.
6. In-app Purchases
“Safe Children” provides you with access to certain enhanced features and services. By purchasing our premium services, you agree to pay the full price due and incurred by you in your usage of the purchased services. All our payments are made through Google Play.
We may need to collect a few information for such transactions which include the amount of transaction, date & time, your location, user name, email addresses (both sender and recipient), type of payment method, reason for the transaction, etc. However, all payments are subjected to the payment terms and conditions of those platforms. “Safe Children” does not control how you can pay on those platforms. Therefore, review those platforms' payment policies for additional information.
We encourage you to provide us with feedback in the form of emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact form in the contact link on our website. Once we receive the feedback/concern, our support staff will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
As an existing customer, you may receive “Safe Children” newsletters on your email. Your email address will always be kept confidential, and we will only use it to send you newsletters, special offers, changes, promos or special announcements (In addition to the purposes described in Section 2 & 3). However, you can unsubscribe at any time and details on how to do this are included in every newsletter email.
9. No Warranties
Although Innovana Techlabs Ltd. attempts to provide accurate content on the website and application, it makes no warranty that such content is accurate or suitable for any particular purpose or will meet your requirements or will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis.
10. Spam and Sale of Information
We despise spam. We will never do something that we hate ourselves. Thus, you can be rest assured that we will not spam your mailboxes with unsolicited emails and we will never sell your information to other parties.
11. Installation of Our App
By installing our app, you agree to the Terms and Conditions mentioned in the EULA that appears when you run the installation. Please refer to our EULA for more information.
12. Limitation of Liability
In no event will Innovana Techlabs Ltd. be liable for any damages, including without limitation, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, whether under a contract, tort or any other theory of liability, arising in connection with any party's use of the website/application or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, line system failure, loss of data, or loss of use related to this application and website or any application and website operated by any third party or any contents of this application and website or any other application and website, even if Innovana Techlabs Ltd. is aware of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Innovana Techlabs Ltd. harmless from and against all expenses, claims, losses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to any misuse by the user of the content and services provided on the site or application.
“Safe Children” serves the purpose of monitoring and tracking children ONLY and is NOT meant for spying or any other tracking activities for others. If a parent cannot abide by this notice, we strongly recommend the parent to uninstall “Safe Children” from this device. You as the ‘parent’ acknowledge that you have set up the child mode on the child's device only and all child-related data provided by you is correct to the best of your knowledge. The parent is solely responsible for all data stored on the app. Such data is collected based on the settings done by the parent through “Safe Children”.
The information contained on our website and application has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. “Safe Children” disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness of the materials or the reliability of any advice, statement, opinion or other information distributed through the website or application. You agree that any reliance on any such statement, opinion, advice or information shall be at your sole risk and shall not be held against Innovana Techlabs Ltd. For any legal or personal purposes, Innovana Techlabs Ltd. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the website or application. Innovana Techlabs Ltd. may change or discontinue any aspect of its website or application at any time, including its content, products or services described in the website or application without notice.
16. Contact Us
Innovana Techlabs Limited
Unit No. 407, 4th Floor, Signature Building, Block 13B,
Zone-1, GIFT SEZ, Gandhinagar – 382355,
Support Email: email@example.com